In 2012, the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery combined bariatric surgery accreditation programs into a single unified program to achieve one national accreditation standard for all bariatric surgery centers in the United States and Canada.
We're here for you. For many, our support network is one of the most valuable aspects of our program. In addition to monthly group meetings, members are available to support each other informally by phone.
Pacific Bariatric Surgery Medical Group joined Scripps Health on December 1, 2016. As part of the Scripps family, the Scripps Clinic, Pacific Bariatric Surgery Program will provide you with compassionate, state-of-the-art medical care and ongoing support to help you reach and sustain your weight loss goals.
Change your life for the better. Change your life for good. No one has to tell you about the downside of morbid obesity. If you're at least 100 pounds over your ideal body weight, you already know about the severe health risks. Not to mention the feelings of frustration, depression, and hopelessness that can be absolutely overwhelming. But, there is an answer.
Here at Scripps Clinic, Pacific Bariatric Surgery Program, our goal is to help you change your health and your life. We do this through two types of bariatric surgery procedures, called gastric bypass surgery and gastric sleeve surgery, which create lasting weight loss and, as a result, reduce life-threatening risk factors, improve your self-esteem and enhance your daily living.
We are further committed to providing you with:
- Thorough and honest answers to all of your questions about gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgery.
- Caring, experienced gastric bypass and gastric sleeve surgeons who are recognized experts in the field of bariatric surgery.
- Patient education and long-term follow-up care.
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities to accommodate all patients.
- A supportive, respectful staff to guide you through each step of the program.