1. Can I skip the lecture? If I’ve already researched the gastric bypass surgery, why do I need to go?
2. I went to the lecture, what do I do now?
3. Can I have the laparoscopic procedure? What are the criteria?
4. Why do I have to stay in San Diego for one week?
5. I have my own internist, psychiatrist, etc. Why do I have to see your doctors?
6. How much does this surgery cost if I am a cash patient?
7. What insurance do you take?
8. How long does the surgery take?
9. How many days am I in the hospital?
10. When can I return to work?
11. How many of the Roux-en-Y procedures have Pacific Bariatric performed?
12. Is it safe to get pregnant after this surgery?
13. What causes hair loss with this program, and what could help minimize hair loss?
14. How can I prepare myself for surgery?
15. What is your success rate?
1. What can I eat?
2. Can I advance my diet before seeing the doctor?
3. What can I take for gas?
4. Why am I burping so much?
5. When can I swim?
6. What can I take for nausea?
7. How do I use peppermint extract?
8. How long do I take Prevacid ® / Prilosec /Aciphex / Nexium / Protonix?
9. Can I have crackers?
10. When can I drive?
11. What can I take for a cold?
- Any form of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with the exceptions mentioned above in Answer 3 (gas products).
12. How long will I feel weak and tired?
- A feeling of fatigue and weakness
- Temporary hair loss
- A metallic odor of the breath
- Change in the odor or feel of the skin
13. Why am I losing so much hair?
14. Why have I stopped losing weight?
- No snacking between meals
- Exercise at least one hour four days a week
- Take protein supplements, at least 30 grams daily
- Take vitamins + B12